wes228 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Problem with create e-mail: Says field specified has no e-mail addresses!

I want to update existing data on a table by sending out an HTML e-mail form. I'm on my Faculty Contacts table which has all our faculty names, phone numbers, addresses, e-mail, etc. However, I need to filter out the faculty who are teaching at our study abroad sites. Unfortunately, when I go through the e-mail wizard and get to the final step where it has all the e-mail addresses with check-boxes, it has them all selected, and not filtered like I had it on the table (this would seem to be a common-sense feature!)

I would rather not have to go through each one and check or uncheck them. I did make a query that eliminates the abroad faculty and link the e-mail field to the field in my Faculty Contacts table. However, in the wizard, when I try to use the query's e-mail list, it says that the field I have specified does not have any valid e-mail addresses! (Even though it certainly does, and I've tried it as a text field and hyperlink field.) I tried doing the same thing again but instead of making it a query I made it into a separate table. Same problem.

The only way for Access to recognize the field as a list of e-mail addresses is to use my original Faculty Contacts table, with everyone on the list, and then have me individually select who should and shouldn't receive the e-mail.

How can I fix this? (I'm using Access 2010.)

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    So using a table of just the desired records did not work? That is really odd. Is this the Collect Data utility? I just tested that with a query that filtered the records and it worked.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Dal Jeanis is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    My guess is that somehow (A) you are specifying the wrong field, or (B) your query has changed the formatting of the field so that it is not recognized.

Try this:
    1) Create a query (qrySelectedStaff) that returns ONLY the keys to the desired contacts.

2) Create a query over the Faculty Contacts table that returns * for the table, only where the key is in qrySelected.
    Code:
    Select FacultyContacts.* 
    FROM FacultyContacts 
    WHERE FacultyContacts.StaffID IN 
          (SELECT * From qrySelected);
    3) Use the second query as your source instead of the table and see if you get the same problem.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.