RayMilhon is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Question Search for a specific Record

I have a form based on a table I created for specific information. It is linked using the Primary Key of a table in a commercial Database. Table structure is as follows:

PCP_KEYID
    MEMB_KEYID
    BP
    SvcDate
    RecDate

The Form displays the member name and PCP name from the commercial database. This all works well. The issue is that once the record has been entered if the user needs to go back and edit an existing record the search routine takes 10-20 minutes and then returns no record found since the user is putting in the member name and the table is looking for the KEYID which is a GUID. I've put in a command button with the binoculars that prompts the user for the Member's last name and returns a dataset of the memb_keyid for members with the same or similar name but the filter either errors or again takes far too long to run. Anybody have an idea how I can accomplish this? I know I've done it before but it's been several years and a couple of versions of access ago. All Data is stored within multiple databases on SQL Server.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    A parameterized query is one method: http://datapigtechnologies.com/flash...tomfilter.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.