A kinason is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

User Level Security

Ref https://www.accessforums.net/sample-...ent-20745.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sullitec View Post
    Hi All

Attached is an application written in Access 2010 that provides an alternative to ULS in later versions of Access. It can be bolted onto any existing database by just copying all of the objects and pasting them into your system.. Then just change the start up form to be the password dialog box.

It includes the following features:

• Password Protected Login
    • User Level Security (Depending on your specified security levels)
    • User Management Console (For adding/editing/removing users/resetting forgotten passwords etc.)
    • First time login function for using generic passwords when setting up new users. (will prompt user to change their password on first use)

It will require some knowledge of VBA and Access to integrate this into an existing application but should be straight forward enough to learn from.

Credit must be paid to Richard Rensel@Quantum Data Solutions for the original idea of this back in 2002. All I've done is rebuild it, freshen the look and feel of the UI and update the code for Access 2007-2010.

Any questions drop me a line

Sully

Zip File Contents:

ReadMeFirst.txt
    Security Levels 2012 Signed.accdc (Digitally Signed Package (Due to trust centre settings on some machines))
    Security Levels Template 2012.accdt (Template File to create your database from)
    Security Levels 2012b.accdb (Raw Database file - *Most people will just use this.)
    hi Sully,

I downloaded a copy of the your application on USL yeaterday and was so amazed with its funtionality. Infact i have been toiling the net for Weeks looking for somthing like that for my db.

Suddently this morning, when i wanted to log in, the "log in form" became inactive. That is, i entered the user and password and when i validate, nothing happens. Am kind of getting back into fraustration. I will be glad to receiving help from anyone on this issue.

MOD EDIT: split thread
    Last edited by June7; 11-18-2013 at 02:25 PM.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Debug. Refer to link at bottom of my post for debug guidelines.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    i have gone through the link "Debug!Debug!Debug! http://www.cpearson.com/excel/debug.htm" but am not really getting it. Is there something else i can do to reolve this problem. Plse i need ur help.

June7 is offline VIP
    Something must have changed. Do you have an older working version? Download the file again and try it?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    I just downloaded another version of it but i still have the same problem. Nothing is functional on the Log in form. the CANCEL botton is not functional, the OK botton not functional and no msg pops up.

June7 is offline VIP
    I downloaded the database and started testing. The second time I opened it I held down the shift key while opening and all the security code was ignored and everything was available. Otherwise, everything works for me.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Hi Sulli, I have have downloaded your zip file "Security Levels Template 2012" and it works so well in my database. Thanks very much for that. But I have two problems:

1. In the table "ztblUserLog", how is the "securityID" dropped into it when a new user logs in? Which form is used for that update and what is the VBA passed on the form to enable such update on the table?

2. Suppose for each sales transaction on a table, say, "TblSales", you wish to know who carried out the sales. For that reason, on "TblSales", you create a field for "SecurityID", How will it be possible for that field to be updated using the the securityID of the person who carried out the sales operation knowing that it is a multiuser database and many users are loged in at that time. ( Lets assume the user uses the form "frmSales" to perform the sales operation)

I will be very happy to here form u.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.