escojr118 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

User Permissions

Ref https://www.accessforums.net/sample-...45/index2.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sullitec View Post
    Hi All

Attached is an application written in Access 2010 that provides an alternative to ULS in later versions of Access. It can be bolted onto any existing database by just copying all of the objects and pasting them into your system.. Then just change the start up form to be the password dialog box.

It includes the following features:

• Password Protected Login
    • User Level Security (Depending on your specified security levels)
    • User Management Console (For adding/editing/removing users/resetting forgotten passwords etc.)
    • First time login function for using generic passwords when setting up new users. (will prompt user to change their password on first use)

It will require some knowledge of VBA and Access to integrate this into an existing application but should be straight forward enough to learn from.

Credit must be paid to Richard Rensel@Quantum Data Solutions for the original idea of this back in 2002. All I've done is rebuild it, freshen the look and feel of the UI and update the code for Access 2007-2010.

Any questions drop me a line

Sully

Zip File Contents:

ReadMeFirst.txt
    Security Levels 2012 Signed.accdc (Digitally Signed Package (Due to trust centre settings on some machines))
    Security Levels Template 2012.accdt (Template File to create your database from)
    Security Levels 2012b.accdb (Raw Database file - *Most people will just use this.)
    Newbie Here: This is exactly what I've been looking for but what do I need to do to add to my db. I.e. I want to be able to add more buttons that managers, supervisors, and users can use depending on their permissions that go to my forms. Do I need to add something to my forms. When I click on events about 8 diff vb screens popup. Sorry if too vague.

MOD EDIT: split thread
    Last edited by June7; 11-18-2013 at 02:13 PM.

A kinason is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Hello Escojr

This is what you do if you already have a main menu.

1. Import all the tables, queeies, forms and reports found in "Security Levels 2012" into your database
    2. In Rename the form "fmnuMainMenu" found in "Security Levels Template 2012" to somthing else.
    3. If you have a mein menu form in your database, rename it to "fmnuMainMenu"
    4. in Access Option, set "Display form" to "frmUserLogon" found in "Security Levels Template 2012" (of couse which you already imported into your database)
    5. On the form "fmnuMainMenu" which you have already renamed, copy the command button "User Management" to any form in your database where you can access. (Remember to open the form in design view and copy the command attached to the command button)

There are other ways but That should work if you do it properly.
    For any problem write back

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.