antoniopom is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Database of attendance

I am building a database in Access 2007 for a learning centre.
    After having done the initial database of the personal data, classes, teachers, ecc..., now I need to relate the attendance registry to the main table.
    I think this is a many-to-many relationship, because one person will have various dates of attendance, and one date will have many persons which will enter the school.
    Init?????!!!!!!

z1efuller1 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I would link the "personal_data" to the "classes" data into an "pdclass" table that would include a 'Yes/No' (Present/Absent) field and an 'attendance_date'. The "Classes" table should already be linked to the "teachers" with either a class_id in the teachers table, or a teacher_id in the classes table.

The "Classes" table can be made into a form/subform listing the "classes" data in the main form and the "PDclasses" (listing of individuals in the class) in the subform. This way the teacher can see a listing of individuals in thier class only and update the form for attendance with a check and a date.

That is how I would do it. There will be some back end work to the subform to create new records for the PBclasses table, or a button to append the table with a fresh set of records before the update subform is available. However, since you were only asking for structure input, I will leave those issues for people more qualified

Good Luck

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.