McPete1 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 64bit

Question Error message during import: "The search key cannot be found in any record". Help

I'm importing a .txt file into Access 2010. I've imported fewer fields (columns of info) from this same file successfully using the same approach (fixed width format). I'm now attempting to go ahead name all of the fields in this file properly since i use it repeatedly (except with updated data). I've read some other posts suggesting to verify the column headings do not have any blank spaces. I've tried that..didn't find any. I've also deleted all of the data, except for 2 records, from the data file to eliminate the possibility of corrupt data....didn't help either. Tried with and without primary key too. Any other suggestions.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Could be any number of causes https://www.accessforums.net/import-...52/index3.html

If you want to provide the file for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows XP Access 2003
    If you are importing an entire fixed width text file you should probably import all columns as text fields. Even if the file has a Key column, import it as a text field.

The other option is to parse the data before importing

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.