Help!!!! Can't get into database

Hi

I was tring to set up a new user & group permissions. I thought I set up a new user. When in fact I think I set up a new group.

Problem: Now tring to go into database I get login, when I put in my login name/password I get this Error:

Not a valid account name or password. I have tried login in as admins I can't get in that way either.

Is there a way to find the user name/ account names set up.

Laurie,

If you saved the user and group IDs, you can recreate your MDW file. (If you used the security wizard, it runs a report at the end that shows you that info.)

I did not use the Security Wizard.

I have the security.mdw file.

I do not know how to redirect the login to this file.

Is there a way to go in through the backend, and change this. Not sure how to get in the backdoor.

Thanks

Laurie,

I am not an Access security expert, so I do not know how helpful I can be here. You may want to look at this article:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...icDatabase.asp

Generally speaking, I dislike Access's security model, and I try to never use it. If you have an app that really does need that level of security, I always prefer to use a platform like SQL Server, which offers much better security options.

rayc is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2002 (version 10.0)
    If you only added a new group then you should still be able to get in using your old login. Adding groups does not affect login permissions. If you created an account for yourself then secured the database, you should be able to log in using the account you used when you secured the database.

In other words, when you run the security wizard, the user that runs it becomes the owner of the database.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.