nosec is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Question Exporting a Table to MS Excel problem

I'm working on an Access 2010 Data Bank where I have a Macro instruction to export one of its Tables to MS Excel. Instruction is as follows:
    Export with Formatting
    Type of Object: Table
    Name of Object: SorteadasPorDataBlank (table to be exported)
    Output Format: Excel Worksheet
    Output File: C:\users\Cassio2\Documentos\Lotofacil\ResultadosPo rData.xlsx (spreadsheed destination)

When this instruction is executed I receive an error message with the following contents:
    Microsoft Access couldn't save the output file to the file you've selected

Among the 5 possible causes, there is only one that may be the cause of the problem: "Check if you have permission to save on the specified folder" All other 4 causes were verified, and couldn't be the cause for the problem.

I'm working under Windows 7 -32 bit and my profile is Adminiistrator, which I imagine, should allow me to save anywhere.
    Does anybody have an idea of what could be preventing me from saving my file on the indicated folder?
    Please, help.

Thank you ,

Cassio

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I have this same issue with Windows 7 on my laptop. I log in as owner and supposedly have full rights but doesn't allow me to programmatically save into User folder for June. Someday I should probably set up a June profile and log in as June and see what happens.

Try this test, save the export to the C:\ root level. Then copy/paste the file into Cassio2 folder.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

nosec is offline Novice
    Hi,
    Thank you for your help, but I get the same message when I try to paste the file on C:\Root.
    I tried to open the file from the origin and save it to the C:\Root as "ResultadosPorData", and it still sends me a message saying that I have not enough privileges.
    Regards,
    Cassio

June7 is offline VIP
    Did you actually create a folder named Root - I did not mean to do that.

I meant export to C:\, not copy to C:\. Copy from C:\ to the Cassius2 folder.

I am able to export to C:\ but not directly to a User folder. However, I am able (logged in as Owner with full privileges) to copy file into user folder June.

Are you doing this on a network computer or a standalone?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

nosec is offline Novice
    First I tried to export to C, and I got the same error message; Then I decided to copy the Excel file and paste to C before exporting to overwrite it, but again the same message was received, and finally I tried to open the original Excel file and save it to C:. In this case I got the message informing that I haven't enough privileges, and I'm doing this on a standalone computer where I'm the only user.

Thanks

June7 is offline VIP
    That is odd. I have always been able to programmatically save to C:\.

Maybe you need to talk to someone who knows more about setting up Windows 7 because don't think the problem is with Access code.

nosec is offline Novice
    Yes, you may be right.
    Before I did that, I tried to export the table directly, not using a macro instruction, and it works fine. That made me think the problem could be in the macro itself, but I will try to talk to someone who is expert in Windows 7.
    Thanks a lot anyways.

Cassio

June7 is offline VIP
    I have a split database. Each user has a copy of the frontend sitting at the C:\ level because I have VBA code that automatically copies over the frontend with revisions. The file must sit at C:\ because the network blocks the programmatic copy if the file is in the user's personal folder. I thought something like that might be happening with your programmatic export but you are not on a network and I would have expected the same issue with the export wizard.

Is there another standalone Windows 7 computer you can test your code on?

nosec is offline Novice
    Yes, I have a notebook, and I'll try to replicate this macro on it. Let's see what happens. That's a good idea that I had not thought before.

Thank you

nosec is offline Novice
    I fixed the problem. Don't ask me how. I just wrote this macro instruction again using different file names, and it just saved to the same folder I was trying to save before.

Thank you so much for your help. It surely helped me fix this bug that I had no idea what to do next.
    Your suggestions gave me the necessary incentive to keep on trying.

Thank you,

Cassio

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.