mike_980 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

converting an access file into a standalone application

I have created an access database for use on my dads farm and he suggested selling it on as he finds it so useful. Obviously if i was to consider doing this it would be better to have someone write it out as a standalone application rather than the user needing to have Access on their computer. I have very little experience with coding except for the bit of VBA I have used when creating databases so could someone maybe offer any advice of how feasible this?

I have found a website called rent a coder but I havn't signed up or submitted my project yet as there would be some things i'd like changing first.

Thanks in advance

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_980 View Post
    .... Obviously if i was to consider doing this it would be better to have someone write it out as a standalone application rather than the user needing to have Access on their computer...
    Have you considered distributing the Access runtime with your db for users without the full version of Access.
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

mike_980 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by RuralGuy View Post
    Thanks I will look into that!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Fitz View Post
    Have you considered distributing the Access runtime with your db for users without the full version of Access.
    I havn't distributed it to anyone yet, We had access on the farm computer anyway so that is why i built the database, is access runtime an application that lets you input data and run queries reports but not edit the database?

I have just spoken to a friend who is a developer and he suggested creating a web app which he thinks is possible with a day or so work, this sound ok to you guys? I'm not by any means making something "professional" just a simple tool which other farms will find useful as we all must keep the same records. There is software available for the same job as my database but they cost £900+ for the basic editions and I would only charge £25 or so or maybe slightly more if they require help which would take up my time.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.