Access_Novice is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

I can't enter Design View after entering a few values

I have a few problems with the form I am trying to create, then fill out. I have a form called 'Balance' based on a table called 'Balance.' The 'Balance' table is linked to a table called 'Roster.' See the screen shots in the attached Word file.

When I attempt to enter data in the 'balance form' here are some problems I am facing:

1. When I select a first name, e.g. Blair, the ID automatically populates with '4.' Why is this happening? It's like this is the 4th attempt at entering data into this form or something.
    2. For some reason '0' appeared in the className field. Also, I can't delete the '0.' Why?
    3. Under the 'timesPerWeek' and 'paymentPlan' fields, the value #Name? appeared for some reason. Also I can't delete the #Name? value. Why?

4. When I try to switch back into Design View, I get the error: You cannot Add or Change a Record because a related record is required in table 'Roster.' I guess this is due to the linking which I understand. But I don't see anyway out of this, other than closing the table.

Can anybody please offer any suggestions?Access Balance Form.zip

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows XP Access 2003
    If you enter data into a form that is bound to a table or a query the data must meet rules dictated by the field's data types and the table's rules for duplicate data or required field. Also, there is referential integrity rules that may be enforced by Access. All of these validations are settings you adjust when you create the DB. You will not be able to close a form with incorrect data input until after you abort trying to save the current record.

As for data that is mysteriously appearing in fields.... I suggest you view your table and see what various peculiars you find there.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.