In a datasheet form I am usually able to use the "quick filters" built into each column heading to filter specific values for multiple fields. My problem is when I replace the Record Source of the datasheet form with a SQL statement instead of a table or query name. Then I can set a quick filter on one field, but after I do so, if I select another field the quick filter menu no longer shows a list of the values in the field (screenshot attached). I have been searching for hours trying to figure out what I might be doing wrong. The only tip I found was to go to Access Options > Current Database and select all three check boxes under Filter Lookup Options. Unfortunately that did not seem to resolve the issue.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Also, I'm curious if others have the same issue? You can test this by creating a datasheet form from a table, then in the Properties replace the Record Source with SELECT * FROM [table name]. Then try to use the quick filter on multiple fields and see if you can see the check boxes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	13979