mojeime is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Question Interaction between Excel and Access 2010

I am having a "Personnel Database" created in Access 2010. Separately, I have an Excel file called "Payslips" which provides details on all earnings and deductions for an employee.

I can make the same payslip as a report in my Access database, however (due to numerous reasons), I would like to continue using the Excel file for producing payslips. I would like to know how can I pass data from my Access "Personnel Database" such as Employee's ID Number (Unique Key), Employee Name, Title and Basic Salary to the Excel "Payslips" file, so that Excel takes over and provides all automatic calculations necessary for the payslips. Currently, I have to enter those few data manually into Excel (ID, Name, Title and basic salary) and then all other calculations (taxes, statutory deductions, etc.) are calculated automatically within the Excel "Payslips" file - but I would like to automate the process and pass those values to Excel from my Access database.

Ideally, I would like to open report in my Access "Personnel Database" which would contain my Excel "Payslips" file and having Excel to pick up those few basic data for each of employees from my Access database and produce the "Payslip" calculation for each of them.

Best regards.

Ruegen is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Quote Originally Posted by mojeime View Post
    I am having a "Personnel Database" created in Access 2010. Separately, I have an Excel file called "Payslips" which provides details on all earnings and deductions for an employee.

I can make the same payslip as a report in my Access database, however (due to numerous reasons), I would like to continue using the Excel file for producing payslips. I would like to know how can I pass data from my Access "Personnel Database" such as Employee's ID Number (Unique Key), Employee Name, Title and Basic Salary to the Excel "Payslips" file, so that Excel takes over and provides all automatic calculations necessary for the payslips. Currently, I have to enter those few data manually into Excel (ID, Name, Title and basic salary) and then all other calculations (taxes, statutory deductions, etc.) are calculated automatically within the Excel "Payslips" file - but I would like to automate the process and pass those values to Excel from my Access database.

Ideally, I would like to open report in my Access "Personnel Database" which would contain my Excel "Payslips" file and having Excel to pick up those few basic data for each of employees from my Access database and produce the "Payslip" calculation for each of them.

Best regards.
    The others might know the correct answer but, since a spreadsheet is can be used as a table I believe you can link the spreadsheet into access.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.