sparkman is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Unexpected Behavior in Subform Occuring in Access 2010 (Does not Occur in 2007)

When trying to insert a new record in a subform in datasheet view in 2010, it will only allow you to insert a new record in the subform if you are on the last record in the main form. In 2007, I can insert the record in the subform on any record in the main form (this is the expected behavior and it has been working for several years). The same behavior occurs regardless of database format ( .mdb or .accdb). I have checked all of the properties and they are correct. I haven't worked much with Access for about 5 years so I'm not sure if this is a common problem or something quirky with my application.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Can't replicate the issue. Would have to examine your db. If you want to provide, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    This type of thing comes under what I call Strange, Odd and Curious Behavior, and usually translates into corruption, in one form or another.

Was the file transferred to machine that had Access 2010 installed, or was Access upgraded to 2010 on the machine that originally held the file? If the former, how was the file transferred to the new machine, i.e. what media was used? Flash drives/thumb drives are notorious for causing corruption when transferring Access files.

The first thing to attempt, if you have the original file, is to recopy to the current machine. If not, create a new, blank file and import everything into it. Only takes a minute or two to create and check out, and if it doesn't work you haven't really lost anything! And, amazingly, it does frequently work when Strange, Odd and Curious Behavior occurs!

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.