Cavrunin is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Create 3 sep queries;save on access screen; close out. Reopen and all 3 are same?Help

I am having trouble creating multiple queries, forms and reports from the same Master Table. I set up a query from the Master Table. All good. Save. Set up another query (different fields, records, Title). Save. All good. Set up another query (again, different fields, records, Title). Save. Still good. Sounds good, looks good. I check each one while Access is open. All good. Then I close out Access and when I reopen, all the queries have the same fields and records but retain each separate Title. This happens on forms and reports, too. What am I doing wrong?

I've performed these actions before without this problem. What happened? Pulling my hair out! Can anybody help me?

JoeM is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Is it only in this one database?

Sounds like you might have a corrupt database (or perhaps a corrupt install of Access).

Thanks so much for responding, Joe! When I used Access on my old laptop - no problem. Is it possible to reinstall access on this one? Think I'll need to create a new table and input all data manually?

You're a lifeline! Thanks!

PS. I only have one database.

JoeM is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2007
    If it works on your old laptop, but not your new computer, it leads me to believe that the issue is with the Access install and not the database (if you had a corrupt database, you would probably have problems no matter what computer you use).

Hopefully, you still have your Office installation disks and can reinstall Access on the computer giving you issues. Once you have completed the installation, make sure you go out to Microsoft's website and download and apply all updates and patches too, bringing everything current.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.