LanieB is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Question Continuous Form will not update after selection made from cascading combo boxes

Hello Everyone!!

I am having a problem with my forms underlying query doing a REQUERY after I select an option from a cascading combo box. I have three combo boxes - Region, Country, City. They are in the header of a continuous form. I want the form to requery when a selection is made from each of the combo boxes OR if they are all NULL I want it to show all records from the table. If a selection is made in 'Region' combo box ONLY, then I want it to show all countries and cities in that region. I have the database attached. I hope someone can decifer what I am trying to say I have done my [Event Procedure] for each combo box but I obviously don't have something right....

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all for your assistance!!

Lanie B~
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Referencing the form controls on the query Field row and applying criteria to those constructed fields is meaningless. Remove them. There are no Null records in this data. All three fields should be required. Use LIKE operator with wildcard as criteria.

SELECT [Agent Information].Region, [Agent Information].Country, [Agent Information].City
    FROM [Agent Information]
    WHERE ((([Agent Information].Region) Like [Forms]![Agent Information].[cmbRegions] & "*") AND (([Agent Information].Country) Like [Forms]![Agent Information].[cmbCountry] & "*") AND (([Agent Information].City) Like [Forms]![Agent Information].[cmbCities] & "*"));

There is no code behind cmbCities. The combobox serves no purpose without code.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

LanieB is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Hello June7,

Thank you for your assistance!! It worked like a charm I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!!

Kind regards,
    LanieB

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.