How to create an interface/application for general use

I apologise from the start as this might well be a topic that has been well covered. I tried to use the search but keep getting "not founds", I must be doing something wrong as I actually searched for keywords in recent posts and still got 'not found'.

Anyway, this is my problem and I would be most grateful for someone to point me in the right direction.

I have created a contact management database (or rather modified a template). This is for personal use as well as for a friend.

I have a main form that can be used to view, search and do other things (consider it the switchboard). I would like the form to open up on its own without the Access window. I have checked out the Startup options and clicked most of those off and this gives me an acceptable interface (as does saving via MDE).

BUT the form opens as a minimised window in the Access window and I can not seem to be able to get it to open full screen (or rather maximised in the access window).

What I would like is for it to sit as desktop icon, and when it is clicked for the form to open on its own and be fully functional, even better if it could minimise to an icon on the taskbar/notification area when not in use!!

I have been searching the internet but seem not to be using the right keywords to find what I am looking for. Any hints, tips, suggestions are most welcome.

thanks

StepUP is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2000
    On the Open event for the form, add this code:

DoCmd.Maximize

And under "Tools...Startup" check off the "Display Database Window" option.

Brilliant ....thanks, that sorted the problem

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.