Hi All:

This is my first post to this forum because usually I have been one of the many people who search these forums for answers from the outside. Today I have been searching the entire morning and cannot figure out how to normalize a table that I have built to the first form.

I have this database that compiles user submitted financial numbers from 5 different reports for over 400 users. These users often make the same common mistakes when submitting these financial numbers, usually about 40 or so different mistakes. So, my database takes in all the financial numbers from the reports by user(Hire Agency). I then run a query for each of those common errors (Example 1) and if it triggers the error then it puts the error number in an Error Log (Example 2). This functionality is working great.

My problem is that I have essentially made a flat file with the error log table. The error log is what I need to run my reports off of and it is classic example of a table that is not NF1. I need to be able to run reports that will give the user (Hire Agency) with all of their errors listed. I could do that if my error log was normalized and looked something like (Example 3).

The problem is that I cannot figure out how to do this. Everywhere that I have researched on the internet has taken me to Unions, Cross Tab Queries, and example of how to change the information in Excel. The problem is that I will need to run this "Normalization Query" all the time because the financial data is updated frequently...

Sorry if this is a newb question,

Thank you for any help in advance, and thank you all for all the help that I have gleened off this site in the past that you never knew about

Shawn