DanW is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Cannot make ACCDE

I need some advice on the best direction to go.

I finished a large project, 15 tables, 150 queries, 150 forms, 10 reports, and could not make an ACCDE file in Access 2007.

The error message reads:
    Microsoft Office Access was unable to create the .accde, .mde, or .ade file. This error is usually associated with compiling a large database into an MDE file. Because of the method used to compile the database, a considerable number of TableID references are created for each table. The Access database engine can only create a maximum of 2048 open Table IDs at one time. Exporting a database as an MDE potentially can exceed this limit if the database has a large number of objects (table, macro, form, report, etc.).
    There is no accurate method to estimate the number of Table IDs the Access database engine uses during the process of compiling a database as an MDE. However, each VBA module and each form uses one Table ID, as a result, if the database has 500 forms, and each form's HasModule property is set to Yes, as many as 1,000 TableIDs are used.

So I did a lot of normalizing and increased the tables to 20, with a great deal of remaking the queries to remove about 50 foreign keys, as in Car1, Car2, Car3, etc., by making linking tables.

Tried to make an ACCDE file and got the same error message.

My question, do I really need to prune back the number of forms, which will limit the scope of the project (80% are dialog or subforms), or could this be gremlins from my normalizing the database where I need to build a virgin database?

Also, how important is this obstacle? I was just getting ready to split the database for my office server, I haven't done before. Is there a way to work around this.

Another problem I'm having is that Windows 7 Pro is not letting me switch the file from an accdb to an accdr form. The new explorer is not letting me do it the way XP did. Headaches, since I have a great accdb that I cannot evaluate in runtime.

Appreciate your help,

Dan

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows XP Access 2002
    The error can be *very* misleading! Can you compile your db? From a code window Debug>Compile Also try importing your db into a fresh, new db and see if the problem persists. http://www.btabdevelopment.com/main/...7/Default.aspx

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.