Creating a Database to track Employee Training

I am in the process of designing a database that tracks certain employees training history..

I created three tables; tblEmployees(PK -Employee ID), tblTraining(PK - TrainingID), Course (PK-CourseID)

My problem is that I created a form, and a subform.
    But I cannot get both forms to be in Synch. Meaning once I select an employee, I will like the information propagated to the subform, listing the training history of the employee. I would also like to be able to additional training information for each employee. I feel that I am almost there, but I am not sure what I a missing.

Any help is appreciated at this point.

maximus is offline Expert
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    What you need is a Foreign key in your tblTraining (Link_id {number})and that should be linked to you PK of tblEmployee. Now here is a tip for you after doing this create a form using the form wizard for tblEmployee and then on the form object toolbar select subforms and insert subform Training you will see the wizard prompts you to select a realtionship. select Employee ID in the employee table and Link_id in the Training table.

dcrake is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Forgive my ignorance but from what I can see this thread was first opened on 23rd June 2006, over one thousand people have read it and it has taken up until today for someone to reply to it. Begs the question, why? is the post still live?

Somewhat confused
    David

Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    its still alive

martyn is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Well I am glad it was still alive b/c I needed this information to help me. It did not quite do the job but maximus' answer is on the right track for me. Maximus, I still need some guidance on this issue if you can contact me, I can surely give you more details or the database itself to look at.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by martyn View Post
    Well I am glad it was still alive b/c I needed this information to help me. It did not quite do the job but maximus' answer is on the right track for me. Maximus, I still need some guidance on this issue if you can contact me, I can surely give you more details or the database itself to look at.

i'm sorry was 2 busy lately will be glad if you will provide me with more details i will be happy to help my email silverback_bats@yahoo.co.in

macdca is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I would like the same thing if possible, using access 2003?

I would like to make up an access database that has staff details, a table with the staff levels and one with training courses, which are linked to staff and staff level. i would like reports to show staff indiv training, staff group training schedules and training available by name and dates etc. can anyone help as I cant find anything on the net, and my skills are not good enough to amend microsofts employee example as there are too many sub forms and things I would have to change that I dont have the knowledge to do. Youre help would be appreciated!!

bayswatergirl is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Too funny, I am trying to do the same thing and wondering what the best way to set this up is.

macdca is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I have had no replies yet - let me know if you get any further!

LRNINGACCESS is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Can someone help me?
    I need to desgin a databse that would allow employees to enter their name, select from a list of work areas say software engineering, tech support; then identify there skill/proficiency rating in each topic 0= no experience, 1= novice, or 5 = advanced etc. Their may be 20 -30 topics and each employee would have a negative or positive response in each topic.
    After everyone has entered their skill/proficiency in each (which would be collected in a new table), I want to be able to run a Query/report that tells me who the most likely candidate would be to receive new projects/task based on their skill/profiency rating.
    I'd like to be able to print the report or export it to Excel.
    Does anyone have such an animal or can work with me on developing this?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.