zachlunch is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Question Move big tadabase to desktop student template database access 2010

I need to move an existing database of one big table of 500 records. The student database has multiple tables that seem to sync up, like students and guardians. I want to have those connection.

Right now records of students and parents are all in one with a ton of fields. fields like last name, parent name, student name, etc. I want to split this up between all the nice neat tables in the desktop student database, but when I go to say students and guardians table, they should be synced to one record, although they are originally in their respective student/guardian tables.

The only way I have gotten close to getting this the correct setup is when I use forms to slowly enter information one record at a time, which I want to avoid, obviously.

Any help would be appreciated, and I'll work with any assistance I can get. Thank you for reading my post.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Access has a wizard to help normalize a flat file. This appears to be a good tutorial http://symplebyte.com/microsoft_offi...ta_access.html

However, getting the data into already created tables could be a lot trickier, especially if the tables use autonumber fields for primary/foreign key links.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.