JennR is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Need Help w/ Access 2010 Web DB Security!

Hi,

I have been tasked with building our Sales/PM DB for our company. I am looking for help with user-level security for a Web DB (Access 2010). Our DB needs to be a Web DB since our Sales Reps could be working from any computer.

When a Sales Rep logs in, they should be able to see only their leads/opportunities/sales that they are associated with in each table (leadsTable, customersTbl, etc). Our Sales Managers, should be able to log in and see all his Sales Rep's data. I would like to stay away from creating hundreds of individual tables/forms for each Sales Rep/SalesManager. Each should be able to see their own records in the overall data sheets/tables.

I haven't had much experience with Access for this and I really appreciate any and all help!

Thanks,

Jenn

June7 is offline VIP
    How are you deploying on the web - SharePoint?

User logs in, use their login info to filter forms and reports by their user ID. Filter criteria will have to be built into each form and report.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

JennR is offline Novice
    Hi,

We have a GoDaddy account that lets us upload our Access Database to it. However, I'm really nice at Access and don't even know where to start. I already have my database set up as a Web DB. I don't know where to start with creating a User login and then linking it up to GoDaddy/Web.

Thanks!

June7 is offline VIP
    Sorry, I've never built web db and know nothing about GoDaddy. I do have procedure to get username from network login and use that to grab their UserID from Users table. I can use the UserID to filter records. No idea how this would be implemented in web db.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.