asoe209 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Help with creating a fleet management DB

Hello all. Hoping for some advise on the best way to tackle my DB.

Im new to Access DB's I have used them in the past and had a few attempts at making them, for the most part they get to a point where there workable.

you may have seen some posts from me about queries that I have been having trouble with on a current DB that I have been working on. Im at a point where i think i may need to re build this DB to have the functions to work in the right way.

and this is where im hoping for the advise. The DB I built i have been using for the past few weeks its a feet management DB, there are 2 main objectives for this DB.
    1. to keep a record of plant/machine servicing times and inspections times (monthly, with the aim to work a month or to ahead with servicing dates)

2. to keep a long of plant/machine locations ( the get hired out and are always on the move to different location)

with that I would need to produce reports of the locations to hand to different people so they can carry out servicing and inspections at there locations.

as mentioned I have one in place now but im now finding holes where i have been using it.

so what would be the best way of going about getting some like this in place. i'm happy to upload what i have done already but im sure with me being novice my set up is not the best.

at present the company uses spreadsheets to track half this information but the address need to be found manually which is very time consuming as most of there records are wrong.

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    Or you could check to see what Tony wants for his: http://www.granitefleet.com/

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I looked at his pricing info. Pricing is based on number of equipment units to track. Very odd. Gets expensive fast but still might be cheaper then time and labor to build from scratch.

Search forum on keywords: maintenance database

Start with:

https://www.accessforums.net/databas...ase-33731.html

https://www.accessforums.net/sample-...nts-31214.html
    Last edited by June7; 08-10-2013 at 07:41 PM.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    It has a downloadable limited demo that is completely operational except for the unit limit. Tony has been doing Access for a long time and I'm sure it is very robust.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.