JHansford is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Exclamation Daily Sign In form

I am trying to figure out a way to set up a form that creates multiple different records with input from one form. What I'm looking for is a way to input a daily sign-in sheet on one form that, once entered for that day, will be able to create a record for each person who signed in on a given day. I expect to have 4 fields; Date, Location, Time, Name. The Date and Location would be common across the form but the Time and Name would be unique to each record.

genesis is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007
    what do you mean about multiple different records? does that involve more than one table?

what are to be input on that form? what do you mean about sheet?

there are so many ways to do that.

1. you can use subforms.
    2. you can you query or vba to append records to different tables.

JHansford is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    What I'm trying to do is find a quick and easy way to track people who signed in at a given location. All the information would saved in one table. The problem I have right now is that for each location, people are having to enter redundant date (i.e. the location and date) for multiple people. If I were able to put together a form where people would only enter that information once, and then enter each person's name (ranging from 0 people some times to 30 plus individuals), it would save a lot of wasted time. I admit that I'm still a fairly new user with Access, but I can't see a way, even using subforms, to enter that information on a single form.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.