kmcclaff is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013

Access 2013 Web Database-Trying to display an image on a report with desktop database

I have an Access 2013 web database hosted on a Microsoft SharePoint site. One table has a field that has the "Image" data type where .jpg images are stored. I am able to successfully use the web interface to store images to this field as the images appear on various views in the web app. I used the feature "Report on my Data" to create a desktop database that links to my web app tables so that I could create customized reports. In one report, I am trying to display the jpg image and it is not showing up. Any ideas why this may not be working?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Are you using an Image control bound to the attachment field?

Access 2013 has an 'Image' datatype?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

kmcclaff is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013
    The web version of Access 2013 has an image data type but no attachment data type. I'm using a bound object frame http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff822036.aspx in a desktop database that links to the web tables. All the other data from the web tables is coming into my query fine - except the image.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I've never had success with the OLEObject controls. I use Image control for dynamic display of images. But then I've never built a web database.

That link does say the field must be OLEObject type.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

mangopip25 is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Hi,

Have you had any luck solving this? I have exactly the same issue.
    The website shows the stored images, but if I make a local copy of the database there is no way to view the images.
    I have opened a case with Microsoft so we shall see what they come back with. They did not sound at all certain that they would find a solution

thanks
    Simon

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.