sren is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Generating Rpt from Query with Multiple Records

Hi. I have a query with a variety of column headers but only 1 row heading, which is Region. The query results consist of 4 rows: Asia, Europe, Latin America and North America.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	9 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	13440

I need a report based on this query that has the totals for each Region grouped together. For example:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.PNG 
Views:	7 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	13441

Below Asia, it should show Europe with the corresponding totals, then the next group.

The problem I am running into is that it is trying to produce 4 pages - one for each Region. I need all of the results to be on a single page. It seems like I did this a very long time ago but I can not recall if it was the same scenario or exactly what I did.

If there is anyone that can offer any insight into this, please let me know.

Regards.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    The first query is a CROSSTAB?

Go back to the raw source data and do a GROUP BY aggregate (Totals) query? Or better use the raw data as RecordSource for a report that uses Grouping & Sorting with aggregate calcs in footers.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

The first query is not a CROSSTAB. It is a regular query that has a table for the Regions. The RegionCd then has an outer-join to 4 other tables where it pulls the totals for the different columns from. The query works great.

It is the report that is the issue. The calcs are already done (in the query). I just need to get all of the fields for each of the regions to display on the same page versus it trying to put the totals for each region on a separate page. Grouping has not seemed to work.

I apologize; I am new at this so maybe I am not explaining it properly. I appreciate your understanding.

regards.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    You have a table for each Group? Why? Data structure does not appear normalized. Looks like you might have to resort to UNION to achieve the output of the second image.

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post. Identify query involved.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Hi. We did not have a table for each group. It is somewhat complicated. The data was perfect.

We resolved the issue. It was simply consolidating information in the report into a single set of fields and then allowing the report to automatically repeat the information for each Region that it was pulling data for. Prior to that, we had fields for each region based on the fact this used to be done manually. (Clear as mud, right?) A little difficult to explain in this setting but a very easy resolution.

We appreciate the feedback and assistance.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.