besuchanko is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Web Database: OpenForm Macro to Specific Record

I am trying to build a password form for an Access Web Database. The password form asks for a username and password. The form, frmFaculty_Web, should then open to a specific record that matches the username and password. The username should be FirstName from tblFaculty, and the password should be LastName from tblFaculty. I have to use a macro on the password form to do this because of the limitations of a web database...it will not accept VBA. I cannot get the form to pass the parameters so that the frmFaculty_Web form will open. As you can see I haven't gotten past the first criteria (no idea how to do two). I know it has something to do with the Where clause in the macro. I have no idea how to do it. Can anyone help?? What am I doing wrong??

The password form has two text boxes: Text0 (username) and Text17 (password).

Here's a link to the actual database in my Dropbox if that helps:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ztt1hswlqx...Database.accdb

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	macro.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	13200

If I can get this to work, the idea is to eventually populate the table and faculty form so that users can only see and edit their own record. Under no circumstances should they see anyone else's.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Try:
    [LastName]=[Forms]![frmLogin_Web]![Text17] And [FirstName]=[Forms]![frmLogin_Web]![Text0]

Names as username and password? Not very secure. And what if you have two John Smith?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

besuchanko is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007
    You are a genious! That makes perfect sense. Thank you. I'm only using first name and last name for testing purposes to get this thing working. That's not what I'll actually use when it is deployed.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    You will want to have user enter username and password and use those inputs to lookup UserID and use UserID as criteria to filter form.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.