justme is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

filtering combo box in a row without affecting other rows of subform

I have a main form and a subform. My subform default view is data sheet composed of rows and columns. In every row there are two combo boxes, the first combo box used to filter data of the 2nd combo box. But the problem is, when i go to the second row and update the first combo box, the 2nd combo box in the first row also change its data. What I want to happen is, the first combo box may filter only the data of the 2nd combo in the same row and must not affect the data of the previous rows.

Please help.. Thanks ahead..

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Combobox or Listbox with Lookup Alias in Continuous or Datasheet Form

Do these comboboxes have lookup alias? This is a known issue of using combobox with lookup alias in continuous or datasheet view. When you change the RowSource of combobox it is reflected in all records because there really is only one combobox. So when the ID (which is value saved in record) is not in the RowSource, its related descriptor alias value is not available for display.

Only effective way I know to handle this is to:

1. include the lookup table in the form RecordSource by join type "Show all records from {the primary table} and only those from {lookup table} that match"

2. bind a textbox to the alias descriptor field from the lookup table, set it Locked Yes, TabStop No

3. position the combobox next to the textbox
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.