nelsonsbrian is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Enter Orders for Multiple Customers in a Form

My company only sells one item and we have 170+ stores that buy daily. I would like to have a form that lists all of the customerIDs in a column and just be able to enter in their orders down a list. I have watched a ton of tutorials and have setup my DB like they have said. I have a CustomerID, OrderID table, and Product table (only with the 1 I sell). A big factor also is that my order recon that I get everyday is 1 of 3 different orders. So ideally, I would like to be able to adjust the form to match the order of 1 of the 3 formats that I have on any day.

For starters, does anyone know how to list all the customers on a form in a list with the quantities next to it? The only way I could manage that was to make each customer a field itself, but I don't know if that is the best way. If anyone has any examples or tutorials to point me to, I'm good at analyzing those.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    That is not the best way.

Maybe you need a form/subform arrangement. You might even want to link two subforms. Have a datasheet view subform bound to customers table. Have another datasheet view subform bound to orders table. Link the two subforms with this method: http://www.fmsinc.com/MicrosoftAcces...edSubforms.asp

Not understanding the 'order recon' formats requirement.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.