MM12 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Embedded image does not appear on report.

I am working on a database developed by another user. There is a master form from which a user selects one of a number of reports to run by clicking a button. Each button generates a report which consists of an embedded form overlaid with field values in the appropriate places. This year, each of the embedded forms needed to be updated. This was done in design view by deleting the old image, and then, in the report properties form, Format Tab, navigating to and selecting the new .jpg file in the Picture field. I am having difficulty with just one report which was updated much later than the others.

If I double click "Report View from the View option on the Home tab, the report runs and the embedded form shows along with the field values contained in the report. However, if I run the report from the button on the master form, only the field values display, and the portion of the page where I would expect the embedded form to appear is light grey. I tried recreating the button on the master form with the same result. Hoping I explained this clearly...any ideas what is wrong?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Is this 'form' so complex could not be recreated with Access controls?

The Access form might have become corrupted. Test by creating a new form and embedding the jpg. If that works then rebuild form and eliminate the old one.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

MM12 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Thank you for your reply, I think I've found out the problem. I did not notice thepesky little green triangle at the upper right hand corner of the report in design view, and see that I have a "report width is greater than page width" error. I will work on resolving that error and see if that does the trick. If it does I will close this thread.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.