sdc1234 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Link to file

Hello, I am trying to set up a linke to a file folder on the computer fore each individual, it is not going to the individual people, it is just going to the one person where I put the link to file, is there a solution to this issue? thanks for all your help
    -novice

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    ??Don't understand. Please try to describe your situation in very plain English. Perhaps you could
    a) tell us what you are trying to do, and
    b) give an example of the input and expected output.

Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    ??Don't understand. Please try to describe your situation in very plain English. Perhaps you could
    a) tell us what you are trying to do, and
    b) give an example of the input and expected output.

ok, I have a database of about 1500 people with 1500 individual folders on the drive, what I am tring to do ia a link to file for each person. (I select the text and right click, then build hyperlink, then find the individuals folder.) the problem I am running into is that If i change 1 person it changes them all, is there a way to avoid this happening?

-novice

Quote Originally Posted by sdc1234 View Post
    ok, I have a database of about 1500 people with 1500 individual folders on the drive, what I am tring to do ia a link to file for each person. (I select the text and right click, then build hyperlink, then find the individuals folder.) the problem I am running into is that If i change 1 person it changes them all, is there a way to avoid this happening?

-novice
    My outcome I am trying to accomplish is if I click on a folder on jon doe - it opens the folder for jon doe... I then go to Jane doe - I want it to oprn up the folder for jane doe ... - What is happening now is that when I click on the button for jane doe it opens up the folder for jon doe... hope this is clear...

-novice

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    If you are requesting the file for Jane Doe and retrieving the file for John Doe, then something is not working as you have it set up.
    Place some message or Debug.print statements in your code to show the value of the request string. Verify that what you are asking is exactly what you are telling Access.

Please show us the code involved.

Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    If you are requesting the file for Jane Doe and retrieving the file for John Doe, then something is not working as you have it set up.
    Place some message or Debug.print statements in your code to show the value of the request string. Verify that what you are asking is exactly what you are telling Access.

Please show us the code involved.
    there is no code involved: on the form I created I type in a textbox- "file", then highlight the text and right click, select build hyperlink and then select my folder for that individual, should I be using code for individuals?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.