accessnewguy is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Access project and im clueless

I am taking an access class and we have to do a project and I have no clue how to do it. If anyone could please help me out. Thanks! All project information is listed below...

1. Design and create an E-commerce Database:
    Students often have very little money to furnish dorm rooms and apartments. You and two of your friends have decided to use the skills you learned in your e-commerce class to create a web site specifically for college students to buy and sell used household furnishings.
    Design and create a database to store the data that you need to manage this new business. Then create the necessary tables and enter the data from the Case 1-1 Second-Hand Goods document. (This is attached)

NEXT 1. Quering the Second Hands Goods Database
    Use what is already done to complete this part..
    A. find the number and description of all items that contain the word table.
    B. Find the item number, description, and condition of the item that has the earliest posting date.
    C. Find the total price of each item available for sale. Show the item description and total price.
    D. Find the seller of each item. Show the seller's first name and last name as well as the item description, price, quantity, and date posted. Sort the results by item description within seller last name.
    E. Create a parameter query that will allow the user to enter an item description when the query is run. The uer should see all fields in the query result.

NEXT 1. Maintaining the Second Hand Goods Database
    A. The Condition field should be a Lookup field. Only the current values in the database should be legal values.
    B. A better description for the bookcases is 3-Shelf Bookcase.
    C. The duvet has been sold.
    D. The minimum price of any item is $2.00
    E. It would be easier to find items for sale if the default sort order for the item table were by description rather than by item number. Also, some of the descriptions are not displayed completely in Datasheet view.
    F. Specify referential integrity. Cascade the update and the delte.

That is all of the project and a final copy of all of that is whats needed. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it! THANKS!

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows XP Access 2002
    I hope you understand that your post is *way* beyond the scope of these forums. We can assist with specific issues but a complete project is simply asking too much. If you start the project and have a specific problem you want some assistance with then post the question.

genesis is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007
    ruralguy is right accessnewguy. you have to sweat it out atleast for something. as a common passage in every forum, "google is your friend".

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.