Brandonc333 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Columnar Report with more than one column

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	12874

So I would like to run a report, that looks like the one on the right, but I can only get it to look like the left one. Theres going to be a full page of Due Dates for the report and maybe only like 10 columns of clients. The way it is being set up now would take 10 pages to print while I think the way on the right could be done on one page. Thanks Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

This page suggests a method where the columns will each read top-to-bottom, and the columns are ordered left-to-right.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/multiple-column-reports-HA001156534.aspx

This one shows that it cal also be across, then down.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ac...005187405.aspx

No matter how many columns I select in the page setup, It still just shows the Report on the left... Do I need to do a pivot Table or something?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example2.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	144.6 KB 
ID:	12875This is what it looks like in design. Am I doing something wrong here? I have multiple cols chosen in page setup, but it still just does one record, and then another one underneath it like my first example. I will love whoever can help. Thanks

OK I somehow got it messing around with the field sizes.. but it only shows up in print preview and not Report view. Oh well, not a big deal. But It does show the Field Name on both columns, any way to just show the data?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Don't see how you could get 10 columns of clients. If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.

Columns render only in PrintPreview. Labels in detail section will show with all records in all columns.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Well considering each col would only need to be as wide as as a date, you could fit 10 cols of dates, as long as each col doesnt show field name mutiple times. I just want field name once the left, and mutliple cols of records, but as I google more and more on this, it seems it may not be possible.. hmmm.

Is there any way to do a header, but for the left side? like a "Lefter"? So I can do one Static col of field names and then each col after is just the data without the repeated field names?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I meant that the labels prevent 10 columns, as you discovered. I have two columnar reports. One has the textboxes arranged horizontally with labels in the Page header (a set for each column). The other is a 'file label/name badge' document, arranged much like yours, and I want the labels repeated for each record. Those are the only options I am aware of.

No names longer than a date?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.