mommyof4kids is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Add record to table, from an add record button on form

I have a main form that I select employees from a drop down list (they are in their own table)

The navigation form allows the user to select an employee from the drop down box which then displays all records in the db for that employee. (more of a summary page)

I have a button on the navigation form to open the form Promotions. It will filtered and bring up on the records for the employee that was selected in the drop down box. If I want to change the information that has already been entered, I can change it. (the form opens as a split form with the datasheet on the bottom). The forms are linked on the employee ID#

When I click the button to open the Promotions form, I need to be able to see the information that is already entered as well as add information to this form. I have the form/subform set to allow additions/deletions. The form is pulling from the tbl_Promotions.

Everything works great to that point....if I need to ADD a new record for this particular employee, I have tried to include an add new record button, clicked on the new record selector, etc...it won't save a new record for that employee without me manually selecting the employee (like from a drop down box)...if I do that it saves just fine.

I would like to have the form open as it currently does, include an ADD NEW RECORD button on that form that will save to the table the data is pulling from without having to manually select the employee. I'm sure this is very simple isn't it

Thanks for any help!!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Need to analyse form properties and code. If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.