Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    Could you post the SQL for the query? If you used the LinkMaster/ChildFields properties of the SubFormControl it would probably *not* need any requery.

Moridan is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    I was out sick Friday, sorry I couldnt respond until now. 9-(

I'm not sure I understand what you want, as I cant post anything from my SB as its on a separate network. So I will do this the long way and re-type it.

SELECT StatusUpdate.[Work Accomplished During Reporting Period], StatusUpdate[Planned Work For Next Reporting Period], StatusUpdate.[Issues/Concerns], StatusUpdate.[Input Date], Projects.[Mission Title], Projects.Proj_Title_Weekly, StatusUpdate.SID, Projects.Proj_Short_Title
    FROM Division INNER JOIN (Branches INNER JOIN (Missions (INNER JOIN (Projects INNER JOIN StatusUpdate ON Projects.Proj_Short_Title = StatusUpdate.Proj_Short_Title) ON Missions.[Mission Title] = Projects.[Mission Title]) ON Branches.Branch_ID = Mission.Branch_ID) ON Division.Division_ID = Branches.Division_ID
    WHERE (((StatusUpdate.[Input Date]) Between Date() And Date()-30));

Whew, hope that makes sense to you.

Thanks again for the help!

I don't see anything in the SQL that would create a blank record nor do I see anything that would limit the records to a selection from your ListBox. Sorry but we're just taking wild guesses here. I've seen nothing that would create a blank record which tells me we have not gotten to the correct part of your db yet.

It might be useful here to assure you that there *is* a solution to your issue. We just need to look in the right place.

I agree. My brain cycles have been scattered all over today trying to catch up on other work.

So the problem is that the subform opens up a blank entry at the bottom. I thought that it would do that automatically in the Continuous Forms Default View. Is that not the case? When I look at my table where all of my Update data is stored, there is a blank entry at the bottom with a "*" in the far left column and with a "(New)" in the column directly to the right. This blank entry in the subform looks just like this.

The best way to explain what limits the records to a selection from my list box is here: https://www.accessforums.net/access/...tml#post171261

Otherwise, let me walk through some of the processes I have on the db to see if what I say makes sense as soon as I can.

I really appreciate the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Moridan View Post
    When I look at my table where all of my Update data is stored, there is a blank entry at the bottom with a "*" in the far left column and with a "(New)" in the column directly to the right.
    That blank record with the (New) it is what the table viewer puts in the Datasheet view for you to add another record while in that view. It is not actually in the table.

Ok. I wanted to point that out because in my Query in Datasheet view, it has the same asterisk and blank entry at the bottom. Same goes for my subform in Datasheet view.

Now that we've established that Access will provide you with a way to add a new record in Datasheet view unless you take steps to prevent it, do you still have an issue?

Still having the problem, nothing has changed that. I only wanted to point out something that I thought might have been relevant.

Do you want the user to be able to add a new record to the SubForm?

Quote Originally Posted by RuralGuy View Post
    Do you want the user to be able to add a new record to the SubForm?
    I have another function for someone to add a new record that is thankfully working properly. The Edit function is only there to allow someone to pull up past entries and edit them if necessary.

The SubForm can act differently then the stand alone form when displayed in a SubFormControl. In design view, click on the box in the upper left of the SubForm to select it and look at the properties in the Data tab. Set Allow Additions to NO.

Ok, good news is that doing this removed that blank entry at the bottom of the subform.

Bad news, when I go back and edit a previously entered entry and save it, a blank entry (only the Project name in entry) is STILL saved to the table. <o.O>

Can you give me a "DOH"!

A completely new record with the Project name in a field is saved when that was *not* the record you edited?

Quote Originally Posted by RuralGuy View Post
    A completely new record with the Project name in a field is saved when that was *not* the record you edited?
    Not quite, the Project name is the same as the one I go in to edit. So my process is: go to Switchboard, click "Edit Updates", select Project from list that has previous entries, edit something in the fields, click Save. I then check the StatusUpdate table to see if there is a new entry, which there still is. 9-(

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.