Migration from Access 2003 on XP to Access 2007/2010 on Win7

I have a AD environment with over 500 Access 2003 clients running on XP. There are multiple clients that have custom applications, ODBC connections, local dbs, etc... My first goal is to identify which of the 500 clients actually are using Microsoft Access, rather than just have it installed. I want to write a script that can check for some file or cached data that indicates that Microsoft Access is actually being used on that particular client. I'm also open to any other methods of identifying if a Access is being used. Sencond, I am looking for the best method to capture and migrate all the settings to Win7. Thanks in advance for your help!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    What is AD environment?

This shows how to manually find the last accessed date/time of any application on a computer. How to automate this to hit on 500+ computers on a netword I have no idea

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-kn...indows-7vista/
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

RE: Thanks

@ June7

AD means Active Directory Domain.

Thanks for the info, however I am aware that I can look at the last used in add/remove programs, but that doesnt tell me for sure if there actively using it. I actually found a way to acheive this shortly after I posted this question. I was able to use MS SMS Manager and run a query against all computers in the Domain to find out detail usage (how long the program was used, how many times application was opened etc...) in any range of months I want.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    What is AD environment?

This shows how to manually find the last accessed date/time of any application on a computer. How to automate this to hit on 500+ computers on a netword I have no idea

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-kn...indows-7vista/

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.