JamesF391 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013

Exclamation URGENT HELP NEEDED on building my access database. ;WILL REWARD

Hi guys!
    Firstly I'm no expert on Access which is why I need ye're help. I got asked in my job to make a database, did so but one of the main things they need is a field that recognizes the option chosen from a combo box and decides on the calculations used in the following fields based on the selection. Pictures below will explain it better. Need URGENT help as I fear I may lose my job in the company if I cannot do this. I will attach links to screenshots of what I mean. If anybody can tell me how to do this/ can do it for me I will give my word that I will reward them, via PayPal, upon confirmation of it working.
    I will describe what you are seeing from these links in the following lines;

1. http://gyazo.com/06e7eed2ae9ee2191ba0cb665a1a15ce

This shows the product column, the company chosen, and the plan from the company. What I need is for the percentages to be filled in automatically from another table. Y1, Y2 stands for Year 1, Year 2.

2. http://gyazo.com/7d5d3366c9f763ab669d1e14b067e058

This shows all the plans and the percentages for y1, y2. I need these to be automatically entered in the form spreadsheet from the image above. Image 1 is from a form, while 2 is from a table both in access. The % in 1 were manually entered and usually appear as blanks when filling in the record but I need it to appear based on the plan chosen in image 2. I may need to add more plans and % so hopefully whatever solution will be able to just continue on and recognise the new inputs.

Can this be done?

Please reply with any help asap.

As I said I will reward.

Regards,
    JamesF391

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    The database appears not to be in a normalized structure. What you want can probably be done, but not easily. If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

JamesF391 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013

DB Attachment.

Hi could you please have a look at the attached database.
    James
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    This database makes no sense to me. What are these commissions being calculated on? How many years do you plan to include? Having a field for each year is not a normalized structure and will cause problems.

Really should have related table for commission data.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.