doive1231 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Access 2013 not working when I copy database to new location

I have a very strange problem. When my Access database is in its default location the buttons on forms to open other forms, for example, work but when I move the database to another folder, some buttons stop working whilst other work. The buttons that stop working seem to be the ones that I have added code myself such as:

DoCmd.Close acForm, "frmVolunteersExistingSearch", acSaveYes

One thing I remember doing is trying to change the references in Visual Basic, Tools, References. The ones currently checked are VB for Applications, MS Access 15.0 Object Library, OLE Automation, MS Office 15.0 Access database engine Object Library. I think I tried to add MS DAO 3.6 Object Library for some bit of code but got an "Error in Loading DLL" error.

I am using the trial version of Office 13 Professional, Windows 7 and did not get a Product Key to enter from the download page so it does not have the product key installed. I have never come across database items not work just because I changed its folder location or copied. My backups don't work either. Would be grateful for any ideas.

Windows XP Access 2003
    When I press F8 Step Into at the piece of code I added in the moved database I get the Microsoft beep sound and nothing happens. Nothing in the Immediate Window.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Found the answer. I changed the Trust Center settings to Never show information about blocked content. When I change it to Show the Message Bar etc, all my backups work and it works when I move the database location.

Doh. Pesky Access rollercoster.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.