LindaRuble is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

XXXXX cannot find the object 'False.' error message

Hello,

I get the following error: " XXXX cannot find the object "False." If 'False' is a new macro group, make sure you have saved it and that you hve typed its name correctly.

I get this error when I click on a dropdown to change the selection on a Tabular Form.

I would send you my program but it's too large but I will send an attachment of the code behind the form. If you can help me then that would be great.

Thanks

Linda
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TabularBetsy.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	12771
    Attached Files Attached Files

There is a period after "False" inside the quotes. If you cut and pasted the message, and the message says exactly that, then please check the properties of that dropdown box itself, and see if one of the properties has a value of "False.", with the period. Delete the period.

Quote Originally Posted by Dal Jeanis View Post
    There is a period after "False" inside the quotes. If you cut and pasted the message, and the message says exactly that, then please check the properties of that dropdown box itself, and see if one of the properties has a value of "False.", with the period. Delete the period.

Hi,

I did not cut-and-pasted the message but typed it. Here is a screen capture of the message:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	False.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	12775

I looked at the properties for the Drop-down and there is no "False" value to be found.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Linda

Looks like the first message used the American journalism standard of putting the end-of-sentence period inside the quotes. That's a bad thing to do when feeding error information to users. The second message does not have the period, so that's not the issue.

It is complaining that the value of "false" is being passed to something called "RTI Client Tracker". Presumably, in the background you are passing information to RTI's software. My guess would be that there is code, somewhere, that is calling an RTI function or procedure, and that has an expression in the call that is being evaluated to the value of "false".

I notice that you have a document called "RTIClientTracker-Betsy" that is being called from DataSheet_Click().

Try this - make a play copy of your database and comment out the following two lines.

Code:
            stDocName = "RTIClientTracker-Betsy"
            DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
    See if the error persists or changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dal Jeanis View Post
    Looks like the first message used the American journalism standard of putting the end-of-sentence period inside the quotes. That's a bad thing to do when feeding error information to users. The second message does not have the period, so that's not the issue.

It is complaining that the value of "false" is being passed to something called "RTI Client Tracker". Presumably, in the background you are passing information to RTI's software. My guess would be that there is code, somewhere, that is calling an RTI function or procedure, and that has an expression in the call that is being evaluated to the value of "false".

I notice that you have a document called "RTIClientTracker-Betsy" that is being called from DataSheet_Click().

Try this - make a play copy of your database and comment out the following two lines.

Code:
            stDocName = "RTIClientTracker-Betsy"
            DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
    See if the error persists or changes.

Hi,

I followed your suggestion but no luck.

I did , however, changed the following code in the Drop-Down:
    Me.Combo75.OnChange = Me.Combo75.Locked

To
    Me.Combo75.Locked = True

And no more error pop-up.

Actually "Me.Combo75.OnChange = Me.Combo75.Locked" never did what it was supposed to do but I did not realize it until today.

So, thank you for your help

Linda

I was wondering what that line meant to do... Quick google of the Locked Property...

Ah. Bingo. Locked is a True/False property.

Onchange is a method. You were setting the Onchange Subroutine to be equal to the object "False".

Which makes no sense, of course.

Yep, you solved your own problem. Mark the thread solved, top of page, under thread tools.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.