ssalem is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Form in Datasheet View with Weekly and Monthly Totals

Don't even know if this is possible. I have a client that sends in weekly data and the counts for the data are imported into a database on a daily basis. We periodically need to send Excel reports back to the client. The existing reports were created manually in excel. I am trying to replicate them in access from the database thus creating more accurate reports. Currently they have one report that has different version counts totaled by week and then by month.

Is this possible to do this in a datasheet view of a form? I know how to put final totals on the bottom of the form....but I want weekly totals and monthly totals also. I chose to do it in a form in datasheet view so I can export it to excel.

im thinking I can add some unbound controls and with vb code make them visible or not visible looping thru the week and month. The only problem I am not sure of is how do I insert the row.

Or maybe I need to go about this a whole different way. Should I create a new database and when writing the database out create a totals record breaking by week and month...then use that database to use in my datasheet view of the form.

I am not sure if I can just create a report with the proper breaking totals and save that out as excel or not.

Some direction would be helpful. If a report can be done...it woud be much easier then creating a whole new database and writing all the code for it.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    If what you want is a 'subtotal' row in a form, cannot do that. That's what reports are for by using report Grouping & Sorting features with aggregate calcs in group sections.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.