prstoessel is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Adding Queries to a Macro in 2010/2013 not as easy as it was in 2003

Am I the only one who fumbles around in the design mode of a macro where I would like to add a string of queries in a certain order and they end up reversed?

Example:

I have the queries:

10 - This is the first query
    20 - This is the second query
    30 - This is the third query

I will open a macro in design mode, highlight the three above queries and drag them onto the macro pane. One would think, given the numerical sequence, that Access would be smart enough to keep the order they are in. But they get shuffled in reverse order where Query 30 is first, Query 20 is second, and Query 10 is third.

I just HAVE to be missing something. Please let me know what it is.

Kind regards,
    Paul

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    You have queries named 10, 20, 30?

I don't use macros, trying to replicate what you describe. I dragged 5 queries into macro and they are arranged randomly. Easy enough to change the action order.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

prstoessel is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    I was using the names as an example to illustrate the fact that they're applied randomly when you drag-copy to a macro. Once they're in the macro listing, I still find it very clumsy to move the queries around. To better duplicate the problem, create a macro with several dozen lines in it. Then, add the string of queries to a place towards the end of the macro where you have to scroll down. I prefer to view the macro in collapsed view, but when you copy a query it expands it and scrolls the view back to the top of the macro, even though I am working on the bottom. Just a really poor interface in general. That is one aspect of older versions of Access that I like. In 2003, for example, you have the description and actual macro in a column listing. You cannot add queries by dragging, but calling it up from the dropdown works better.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.