Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Options:

1. Change the combobox RowSource as suggested and return to the parameterized query with LIKE operator. Oops, not working because the field is number type. Make EmpBadgeNum field a text type and LIKE operator can be used. Probably should be text because it is identifier data, not really a number value that would be used in math calculations like Price * Quantity.

2. Conditional code to set the WHERE CONDITION, something like:

DoCmd.OpenReport "Operator's ID Card", acViewPreview, , IIf(IsNull(Me.Emp), "", "EmpBadgeNum=" & Me.Emp)

or if the field were text type:

DoCmd.OpenReport "Operator's ID Card", acViewPreview, , "EmpBadgeNum LIKE '" & Me.Emp & "*'"

If you do change the field type of EmpBadgeNum primary key will have to also change the field type of the related foreign key fields.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

FranCorona is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    The first WHERE CONDITION worked perfectly! Thank you so very much! I have learned a ton since I was asked to "help" with this project....now it is my own....LOL You are the BEST!

June7 is online now VIP
    Interesting, I just did some experimenting using LIKE operator with date and number fields in my db and it worked but can't get it to work with your query. Oh, well glad you have a solution.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Good Morning and Happy Monday! It is working so far anyway..... I don't know what the heck is up with that query but I didn't want to try something else because of the time crunch and since it seems to be ok I figured what the heck just go with it....LOL Thank you again for all of your help, I so very much appreciate it! Now HR wants me to assign passwords for the clerks that will be inputing and accessing the database....the never ending project....LOL Have a great week!

Compile Error

Good Morning! I am trying to set it up to where users need to have a password to have access but am getting a compile error. Please see attachment:Compile Error.doc

I got this code from another website: DataPig Technologies from one of his tutorial videos on setting up a password....thank you in advance for taking a look. - Fran

June7 is online now VIP
    There is in unnecessary quote mark following UserID. Try:

DLookup("PWD", "Authorized", "UserID='" & Me.quserid & "'")

UserID is a text field?

The Log In Code

That worked! But my problem is I need to assign certain employees a level of access to certain forms and reports. Oh and yea, it is a text field. I tried doing a code to set the permissions using a tutorial on another website but it didn't work....Here is the code from the website: The login Code.doc It kept running errors. I will send the errors tomorrow....I ran out of time today ding dang it! Have a great evening and thanks again for all your help. - Fran

Hey there! I have set up two seperate forms with passwords to access the inputting and editing forms which works great! You are once again THE BEST! Eventually I may try to set the permissions but for now this works. LOL

It's me yet again.....I have a problem. When the list of equipment that an employee is licensed on is too long for one page it bleeds over onto a new page. How can I get it to start a new column up next to the original column? There are 90 pieces of equipment as of now but we get more in all the time and some go away....but I need it all to stay on the one page for when we issue the license to the employee. Thanks in advance for any and all help. Happy Friday and Have a great weekend!

June7 is online now VIP
    Reports can be set up with multiple columns that 'snake' the fields - either right then down or down then right. This is on the Page Setup tab of the ribbon. It is tricky but really cool when it works. Will need to duplicate the field labels for each 'column' of data.

Report Printing Problem

When I tried that but it doesn't work....ding dang it. In the report I have two groups: EmpNameCombined and Equipment Type. Printing Problem.doc If you look at it in word you can see what I mean. I think the reason the page layout is not working is maybe because of the grouping? But that was the only way that I could get the equipment to list they way it is is by doing the grouping. Any Ideas? Here is the database: Licensing Database 21 June 2013 - Copy.zip The report I am talking about is accessed through the run operator's id card form; the actual report just lists all records continuously. Thank you again for all your help with this. - Fran

Hello again, I hope that everyone had a wonderful 4th! I still am having a problem with the printing. I tried putting the equipment in a subreport and it "columns" but it sends it to the next page and it repeats for like 1000 pages. I tried putting the subreport in the equipment heading but that didn't work either....I am just out of ideas. If anyone can help with this I would really appreciate it. Thanks again in advance and have a great day! Fran

June7 is online now VIP
    Which report do you want to columnate? Not seeing one that fits description.

Good Morning! It is the Operator's ID Card. Right now I have the font so small that it all fits onto one page, but they would like me to make the font bigger so that they can shrink it down to a license size when making a copy for the employee so that then they can cut it and carry it in their wallet or badge holder. When they shrink it now, the font is so small that you no longer can read it. But when I increase the font size it does not fit onto one page. I put the equipment type into a subreport and it columnates but it puts it onto the next page and duplicates making more than a thousands pages with just the equipment type on them.....

Report Printing Problem

Licensing Database 10 July 2013 - Copy.zip Ok I have both reports in the database now. To get it to only print one employee you have to run it from the run operator's id card form. The report I created that has the subreport is run with the run operator's id card copy command button. It does show on the first page now like I want it to, but it is repeating the data for some reason.... I have also increased the font so you can see when you run the original id card report it spills over into the 2nd page. I am at a dead end with this.....LOL Thank you again for helping me with this never ending project.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.