Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    How do I recreate the problem? The training report is only 2 pages because it's too wide in design view by a fraction.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I looked at the db. Not seeing the described issues. All training records for an employee display continuously and on one page because only 2 records.

I don't see code for opening report to single employee.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

FranCorona is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Good Morning! The Training Report is fine - I still need to write the code for only showing one employee at a time. The one with the problem is the operator's identification card. I modified the one employee to show additional training and when you go to print preview it is good on the first page except for the equipment qualifications - it put the new training record on the second page by itself. Do I need to maybe do a group by equipment? I'm not sure....And I still need to write the code to print only one employee on that one too. I really do appreciate you guys looking at this and helping me.....it's fun learning but stressful when on a time crunch LOL! Thank you again! Fran.

Grouping Problem?

GroupProblem.docOK. I grouped the equipment qualifications but it still splits the records....I'm attaching a doc showing what I'm talking about: It splits the equipment up instead of listing it the way I need it to.....

Windows XP Access 2007
    You need to shorten the detail section down. It's so tall now it extends to the next page.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Windows XP Access 2007
    And if you don't want the "Off road..." text repeated, take it out of the detail section.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

I got it! Yay! I jsut had to make the lable not visible and put it under the field then create an unbound lable and put that and the "off road...." text up into the employee grouping area and it looks good! Thank you so very much for your help! Now I just need to figure out the code for only printing one employee at a time.....LOL

Windows XP Access 2007
    No problem; post back if you get stuck on the other.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Ok. This is what I did to get it to run the report and only show one employee: I created another form with a command button with this code: DoCmd.OpenReport "Operator's Identification Card", acViewPreview and it works good but shows all records. Then I created a combo box on the form with the command button and for the row source I have it pulling the EmpCombinedName, which works for the Joe Driver employee but not the test one employee that I just added to test it out.....I also noticed that the issuing officer box isn't updating correctly when I added the test one employee: it added another record in the issuing officer table using the same badge numb but no other info.....I tried to make it a combo box to pick the issuing officer like the master driver in the subform but it doesn't work. The criteria that I put into the reports query builder is: Like [Forms]![RunIdCardForm].[EmpBadgeNum] & "*" and it brings them up fine in the combo box but when I choose the test one it doesn't show the employees info - it is all the fields but blank. Did I make any sense at all? Something is messed up in the relationships maybe?

I just wanted to thank you for your help! I finally got it to print correctly. I created a form with a command button and a cobo box to run the report and put the criteria into the source query of the report. The combo box doesn't work but when you enter the badge number into the critera when trying to open the report it comes up....I am still trying to figure out why the combo box isn't working properly but as long as we can get it to print one employee at a time then I'm happy for now! LOL Thank you again and I will definately be back if I need any more assistance......

Windows XP Access 2007
    If you can post the db, one of us will figure out the combo.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

June7 is online now VIP
    Parameterized query is one way to filter report, review: http://datapigtechnologies.com/flash...mtoreport.html

However, my preference is to use the WHERE CONDITION of OpenReport/OpenForm method:

DoCmd.OpenReport "report name", , , "ID=" & Me.comboboxname
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Licencing Database-Copy

Licensing Database2 - Copy.zip Ok. Here is the database. I got the combo box to work correctly for the training report but not the operator's id card. I'm thinking because it is pulling from a query instead of a table....maybe? I'm not sure..... Where do I write the wherecondition argument? Thanks again guys!

June7 is online now VIP
    The example code with WHERE CONDITION is VBA. It could be in a button Click event. Macro has equivalent structure. I use only VBA.

The QryOperator'sIDCard (I recommend removing the apostrophe - spaces and special characters are bad idea in names) has no records because the criteria parameter references the combobox. Can't use this query as the RowSource of combobox because the query is dependent on the combobox (see the circle you are running in?).

The combobox RowSource could be:

SELECT EmpBadgeNum, EmpLastName & ", " & EmpFirstName AS EmpNameCombined FROM TblEmpInfo ORDER BY EmpBadgeNum;

Remove the parameter from query then use the OpenReport method with WHERE CONDITION to open report that uses this query as RecordSource. However, I am surprised the query doesn't error because there is a circular join between tables TblEmpInfo, TblEmpLicInfo, TblEmpTraining. The join between TblEmpInfo and TblEmpLicInfo is unnecessary.

DoCmd.OpenReport "Operator's ID Card", acViewPreview, , "EmpBadgeNum=" & Me.Emp

You are wonderful!!!! I knew something was wrong there....ding dang it! Now how do I get it to be able to print out all records if needed but seperating each employee?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.