Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    k14ton is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 64bit

Another issue I was having was creating a calculated control that displays the total of the MonthlyLessonCost and MonthlyRentalCost fields. How would I do this? I wrote this
    =[frmMonthlyLessonCost].Form![txtMonthlyRentalCost]. but that is incorrect.

Ok I fixed that problem. For case problem 1, pages 409-410, I'm having trouble with the part for the conditional formatting rule for the LessonType field to display all values of Piano in red, bold font. How would I write that out in the editing formatting rule box after I click on conditional formatting?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Field Value Is

equal to

"Piano"
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

For creating a custom report based on the qryTeacherLessons query, I created a new report and named it rptTeacherLessons. However, I think I may have done it wrong because it does not look the same way it does in the book in Figure 7-40. I need help with this part. Here is what I have so far for Lab 7 down below.
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    I have no idea what the book figure shows - I don't have the book. However, my guess is you need to do Grouping by teacher. Again, reference your book or Access Help for guidelines on using report Grouping & Sorting feature.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Ok I completed all of Lab 7, however I have some problems that need to be fixed before I go on to the next lab. For the rptTeacherLessons report, is says that the LastName field (from the tblTeacher table) is a grouping field, and the FirstName field also appears in the Group Header section. The LessonType field is a sort field, and the LastName field (from the tblStudent table) is a sort field. Hide duplicate values for the LessonType field. Use black font for all the control, setting the lines' thickness to 3 pt. (those are the instructions from the book). I followed them but my report came out a little different, so anyone that could help me fix this I would really appreciate it, I will post the lab below. Thanks again.

June7 is online now VIP
    Why did you create a group header for the teacher first name? Drag the first name textbox into the teacher last name group header. Delete the first name group header.

What line should be 3pt thickness?

Ok, right here I just got a little confused. I see what you are saying, but I dont think what I'm doing right now is correct. From the picture in the book, it shows the headings in this order: Lesson Type, First Name, Last Name, Monthly Lesson Cost, Monthly Rental Cost. Maybe I may have made a mistake when I was going through the process of creating a report using the Report Wizard. Is it okay if you could send me a zip file of the correct way of how the rptTeacherLessons section should look like? I would really appreciate it, thanks.

June7 is online now VIP
    I don't know the 'correct' way, I don't have the book, I just know what I would do.

The teacher name (first and last) would be in the teacher Group header section.

The lesson type, student name (first and last), lesson cost, rental cost would be in the Detail section.

Create grouping and sorting and arrange textboxes until you get the desired result.

Ok, I did it the way you told me. Tell me if I made any mistakes in the rptTeacherLessons ( I know I did not add a line yet, I would have to figure that out later on). Here is the updated version. Also here is the page of the book I'm working from so you could see what exactly I'm working on (look at the link below)

http://books.google.com/books?id=Si1...essons&f=false

June7 is online now VIP
    You did not do what I instructed.

1. move the teacher first name textbox into the teacher group header, the report does not show any labels for teacher name, remove those two from the page header

2. delete the teacher first name group

3. arrange controls in the detail section and labels in the page header (move them left)

Ok, I almost got it. I deleted the two labels for the teacher name from the page header. However I want to add the teacher first name textbox into the last name teacher table header by clicking from the field list. But, when I click on it, the textbox goes straight down to the detail section instead of where I originally want it to be. How do I fix that? Here is what I have so far.

June7 is online now VIP
    Just select the textbox and drag it to the header section. Or instead of double clicking from the field list, click once, hold, and drag to the header section.

Ok I got that part fixed. For some reason the first name teacher textbox has a box around it, how do I get rid of that? And for the lines, how do I get the line's thickness to 3 pt? Aside from that does everything else look okay for the report?

June7 is online now VIP
    Set the textbox BorderStyle property to transparent.

Set the line BorderWidth property to 3.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.