partha is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Alternative of "Filter For Input" in Access 2010

In Access 2003 macro design we had a option called "Filter for Input"
    where we can filter the form data by giving the input.
    (means in form right click menu we can filter the form data by giving some input)

But this option is no longer available in Access2010.

Can anybody tell me the alternate to this option.
    Please its urgent. Thanks in advance

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I just tested right click on a form and I get the shortcut menu with options to enter filter criteria.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

partha is offline Novice
    Hi
    Thanks for your reply.
    Actually I am migrating a Access2003 form to Access 2010 form .In this process the right click menu option like (print,export etc is not working).
    That's why i had design a macro for all the right functionality. I am able to get the functionality like copy,paste,cut,print,mail,export,sort ascending,
    sort descending,filter by selection,filter excluding selection,remove sort/filter.

But I am not able to find a alternative in macro design menu for the option "Filter For Input" which was there in Access 2003. May be they have modified the name.
    Can you please help me to design this functionality in Access2010.

June7 is online now VIP
    I don't use macros, only VBA. I have never built a custom right-click menu.

Did you import all objects from the 2003 db into 2010 file? I don't understand why the intrinsic right click is not available. Do you not even want it?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

partha is offline Novice
    Yeah,I need to use macro only (no VB )
    I have imported everything, even if ms guys removed this there should be some alternative.
    Have u seen that "filter for input" menu... is there any alternative to do that (with out macro will also be fine)

qa12dx is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    i looked at my acc2k7 and i dont see this macro.

what is it you are trying to achieve? maybe i can suggest an alternative, partha da

partha is offline Novice

On right click menu there will be a option Filter for:[_____]
    besides to that there is a text box. We can enter any value in that menu itself inorder to search the record containing that value in the form.
    That's why Filter for the Input.It will filter the form data based in the input.

June7 is online now VIP
    The right click menu is still in Access 2010. If it has been turned off and you want to substitute a custom right click menu, I don't know if the filter feature can be replicated. I have never even tried a customized right click.

I checked on the web, its there in 2010. check your form propertis and under data is "allow filter" set to 'yes'?

partha is offline Novice
    Yes, The Filter is coming i have already implemented 2 Filters , but i want the particular one "Filter for input" which was there in 2003 but i am not able to find the same in 2010.

filtering on load is different from allow filter. allow filter allows the user to filter. or what you want is disabled in the options.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails filter2.jpg   filter.jpg  

partha is offline Novice
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Query_pic.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	12068
    Hi
    i have changed the database option and the property sheet was okay. Still I am not able to figure it out how to implement that "filter for input".
    Can u please tell in brief if possible.Above is the window which is showing the Different filter option but except the desired one.

without looking at the db i can't really make out. i made a small db for filter example. see if it helps.

also, if u r making this db for users, i'd suggest not allowing right click. users cannot be relied on using the db correctly, so you'd have to steer them.
    Attached Files Attached Files

mknight1219 is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit

Filter For Did Indeed Disappear

Quote Originally Posted by qa12dx View Post
    without looking at the db i can't really make out. i made a small db for filter example. see if it helps.

also, if u r making this db for users, i'd suggest not allowing right click. users cannot be relied on using the db correctly, so you'd have to steer them.
    I don't think anyone fully understood the original question asker. "Filter For" is a very useful option that was possible as a customization of the shortcut menu bar in Access 2003 and before. In Access 2010, they seem to have gotten rid of that "Filter For" option and so a custom shortcut menu that is imported from an earlier version of Access has that option removed from it. I know this because that is exactly what happened to me, and thus why I looked up this post.

I haven't found a solution to this yet, but I assume it's probably going to require creating a new custom shortcut menu from scratch using either macros or vba. I see that the default shortcut menu bar has some fancy new filtering options and I assume those can be referenced in some way when creating a custom shortcut menu bar.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.