Shido151 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Here's a Fun one: 2 combo Boxes to Generate a report/Query

Using a 2010 Web Access Database

I'm dealing with a Software Database that I'd like to pull reports from. I'd like a form that could generate a license count after selecting the Manufacturer and software from a drop down list.

In other words I'd like to be able to select "Adobe" from one combo box then "Photoshop" from another and then have an area in the form which will show me how many Adobe Photoshops I have in the database. I can do the dependent Combo Boxes but generating the license count has me over a barrell. Thanks for your Time.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I don't know much about web databases. Is the form's RecordSource a parameterized query referencing the comboboxes for inputs? Is the form in Datasheet or Continuous view? Is the Totals button not available when the form is open? Try Count(*) calc in form footer.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Shido151 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    I'm Afraid I don't know the answers to those questions. Perhaps we could just small and figure out how to Get one combobox to generate some feed back.

I'm also open to paying someone to design this for me. It's not terribly complicated, just need a form to write to a few tables and then a form to generate a few simple reports from the tables. Is there a thread for hire?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Assume you did not create the db.

My questions relate to basic Access functionality. If you want to manage and modify db will have to get familiar with basics. However, from what little I've seen of them, web databases are trickier.

Most of us here are volunteers. I don't know if anyone here has ever taken on a job offered through forum. You could seek a contractor in your area, maybe try a bright student intern. That worked for us. Hired a student intern as part-time employee at $20/hr, much cheaper than contractor ($100/hr). Did great until he found a full-time job elsewhere. That's when I got assigned to finish the db.

This site has a forum for programmer search and job seekers http://forums.aspfree.com/programmers-hire-9/
    Last edited by June7; 04-24-2013 at 11:24 PM.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.