jcjanssen is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Question Report Layout Issue - Listed data??

Firstly, apologies for the title of this post. I wasn't sure how to word this issue.

I am currently organising dinner tables for a formal event using access. My Allocations Table has the names of the 5 people on the table, the first and last name of the table captain and their contact number. I would like to create a report with a slightly different design and I'm unsure how to do it.

Currently when I use the Report Wizard, the data is displayed like this (using full text for the purposes of this forum):

Table Captain First Name | Table Captain Surname | Table Captain Contact Number | First Table Member | Second Table Member | Third Table Member | Fourth Table Member | Fifth Table Member

as columns. However, I would like the data to be organised in a row formation like this:

Table Captain First Name
    Table Captain Surname
    Table Captain Contact Number
    First Table Member
    Second Table Member
    Third Table Member

Fourth Table Member
    Fifth Table Member

From there, I would like to print the report out so that there would be about 3 listed records (tables) horizontally and approx. 5 records vertically so there would be 15 records on an A4 sheet. Given that there are over 50 tables, the fewer sheets the better for records. (see image below to give you an idea)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-04-21 at 4.00.55 PM.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	178.1 KB 
ID:	11993

Apologies if this is blatantly obvious / difficult or confusing!! - Reports aren't my strength in Access.

Thanks in advance

Jordan
    Last edited by jcjanssen; 04-21-2013 at 12:04 AM. Reason: fixed a small error

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Looks like a multi-column page setup. Open report in design view and set multiple columns from the PageSetup tab. Access Help should have guidelines.

Rearrange the textboxes in the vertical orientation. If you used wizard to create report, the controls are probably all 'grouped'. Select all the controls, right click > Layout > Remove. Now you can move and resize as you wish.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

jcjanssen is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Thanks so much!

Worked perfectly!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.