bruegel is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2003

Add total from main report and subreport to bottom of subreport page

I created two reports from data from a music download store; one for albums and one for single tracks. Both reports have totals. I was asked to combine these into a single report showing a grand total at the end. (I've seen Q's regarding totalling subreports on the main report page but not this way round).

I added the Single Track Report as a subreport to the Record Report using the Artist field to link them. This part worked beautifully giving me a page for each artist with data from the record report neatly followed by the tracks report with the totals in place after each list. All I need to do now is add to the end of the subreport (from the artist’s point of view the final page of his statement) a Grand Total

I created an unbound field and used the formula GrandTotal=Sum([ArtistRoyShareSong]+[ArtistRoyShareRecord]) – the total formulae from the two reports.

This gives me a figure but it’s incorrect and I can’t see how it was arrived at. I tried some variations on the formula but these give errors or nothing at all. I guess I could go back and create a query which adds the two together and inserts them in the subreport but this seems klunky. If I have to tell the formula which report to reference in the formula I frankly don’t know how.

I feel sure there’s a relatively simple solution and would be grateful for help. Thanks Pieter

bruegel is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2003
    I came up with this which worked

=([TotalForSongs]+[Reports]![OnlineRecordSalesStatementComb]![TotalForRecords])

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.