alexjose is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

How to open a form on doubleClick event - please help

Hi,

I'm totally new to Access and sharepoint. Its my understanding building a database with access is much different than building a sharepoint database with access so I dont really know where to turn. I have a simple database with a datasheet form displaying all parts inventory, and I have another form that displays individual records (parts) and their details. What I want to do is double click on the record in the datasheet form and have it open the record in the individual parts form. Can I do this with a web database? I kind of did it with a macro but it didnt work on sharepoint after synching the databases.

The forms names are "Parts_List" and "Parts" and the Primary key is PartID

Thank you!

Alexander

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I do not know much about sharepoint but I have heard that event handling is not that great. I don't know how true it is but I have heard that you can not use code either. Have you tried creating a button and making the ON CLICK event of the button the macro you have been running successfully on the non-sharepoint version of the database. Buttons and click events may be perceived differently by sharepoint than try to use a doubleclick event of a form object.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    AFAIK, web databases cannot use VBA, only macros. That's essentially the reason for introduction of Data Macros in Access 2010.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.