sdel_nevo is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Computer Service Database

Hi Guys

I have just joined and thought I would post my database that I have been working on here for some feedback, this is my first attempt so please go gentle with me

Basically it allows you to do the following

Record customers
    Create orders and bill customers for work done end e-mail the invoice directly to them
    Create purchase orders and e-mail the purchase order to your supplier
    Records incoming payments and payments out of the database

You can create parts
    And record customer’s computers
    You can create a booking for a client and when this is saved it’s sent to outlook as a calendar entry

It records basic financial information such as income by month
    And total spend by month by customer

My VBA has been researched from Google as I know very little, and some forms use macros or a combination of both. I’m not convinced that I have done everything correctly but any feedback or code enhancements you could offer will be most gratefully received.

Anyway like I said, this is my first attempt with access I have enjoyed it so far, if anyone could adapt it to suit their needs then that’s great

If when you open the database you get an error you may need to make a reference to Microsoft calendar objects.

make sure you fill out your company details as these will be printed onto customer invoices and purchase order

the Events and the financial side has been mashed together from the Microsoft templates available, but i have tried my best with the rest

you must manually enter your bank details into the bank account table, as this is a required field in the add payments form from both the invoice and purchase order.

you can enter computers, computer models, parts directly from the drop down combo box on the form, you do not need to enter these into the table.
    computer models are dependant on the make, so if you enter Compaq into the add computer form from the customer details screen, then when you enter Proliant into the model, thats only relative to compaqs. you can't attache a model of computer to the wrong make.

to be able to e-mail both the invoice and purchase order make a folder on your C:\ drive called Access before trying to e0-mail as you will get an error.

things to do

1 the customer search works for any part of a feild the letter "A" for example but you must click the search icon or press enter, i would like this to search as you type.
    2 i have doubled up on most forms Add order and edit orders for example as i do not know how to reference the same form with different modes in either VBA or a macro
    tidy up the form names, not sure if any name conforms to database good practises, as i said this is my first go.
    3 would like to have a form that looks like a calendar days of the month that shows the bookings

plus loads more to do

i have tried to make this as easy to use as possible, Let me know what you think i'm looking for improving this for long term use,

Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sdel_nevo; 04-01-2013 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Changed PDF I had put a map to my Nas driove in the PDF output for both the invoice and purchase order

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Thanks for sharing.

No Probs,

Hope you like it

steve

yagerlegi is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013
    I'm impressed..Very nice. Do you have a documentation for the DB.

Hi

Sorry I don't.

I may pick up developing this and all the relevant documentation.
    I was looking over this The other evening and I could really do with cleaning up the code.

If when I have done this I will post an update here
    Steve

yagerlegi is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013
    Hi, I like the way you formatted your dashboard with icons and tried to add mine but I can't format. How did you get it to overlay on your background color?

Hi yagerlegi

if memory serves me right i used png files that were on a transaprent background.
    sorry for the late reply

Steve

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.