jasonoleary72 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Exclamation Deleted records by mistake from a split database

I think I've lost the data for good but I thought I would ask anyway. I copied linked table (which was on a split database so from the -be version), the copy worked fine but remained as a linked table. I then opened the new table and deleted all the records in it (4211 records) as I needed a blank version of the table. What I didn't realise was that although I was working in a copied table, it actually deleted all the data in the original table. Does anyone have any ideas how it might just be possible to get that data back, I guess the answer is no, but I am hoping that someone who has more knowledge than me has some sort of secret trick. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Sounds you just set up another link to the be table and edited the actual table. The data is gone unless you can find an older version of be saved somewhere. If the be was on a network server, does that server have automatic backup?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

jasonoleary72 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Unfortunately not, it's running over a Wi-Fi home network, so the master is on my PC. I deleted it, it's my fault, and yes I am a double klutz as I had no back up. Big lesson learnt, I used to call myself a competent Access user, but now I have my doubts. Back to the bottom of the class. Thanks for the reply and confirming my fears.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.